Old 11-04-2011, 3:38pm   #74
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Yes I do. But I read the whole thing dipwad.

I guess the bold part slipped your blinded vision.

The plant is cleaning the CO2. Please show where it is not cleaning it. The only issue is pig-headed people like you who stand in the way of the solution.

Wind and solar aren't the answer you and Al Gore want people to think they are.

Link 1:
Guess you missed this part:
Vatenfall AB, which is owned by the Swedish government, has been frustrated by boisterous local opposition to its plans to pump CO2 more than a kilometer underground into porous rock formations. Unnerved by the popular uprising, politicians have stalled on passing needed regulations. And the delays have allowed the utility's competitors in the natural gas industry to buy up rare storage formations in Vattenfall's backyard.
So it's political, not technical. Hmmm... sounds like another group I know of in the US keeping progress back.

And then there's this little gem you glossed over apparently:
Early research on CO2 capture technologies -- there are three competing candidates, including the system pioneered by Vattenfall -- has gone well, posing more of an economic and engineering challenge than a scientific issue. And surveys of German geology have found sites suitable for storage.
Hmmm...sounds like good news to me. Bad news for you.

Link 2:
Only generalized assertions bad about the plant not working. Nothing to backup the claim. GMAFB.
"It's been reported that Vattenfall has had more trouble than expected overcoming public opposition to the storage of carbon captured at the Schwarze Pumpe plant. ... It seems safe to say, given Vattenfall's lack of interest in discussing Schwarze Pumpe in any detail today, that the plant also has not been a shining technical success."
No source for the bold assertion.

If that's proof, you better go back to the drawing board.

Link 3:
Really? One guys blog just regurgitating the same tired stuff?

Incorrect. As usually Commie. The tech is here and it's politics that holding it up. Truth butt hurts you.
I said there is no such thing as clean coal.

You disagreed and pointed to a pilot plant in Germany.

Said plant is not operational as advertised.

In fact, its currently releasing all of the CO2 just like every other coal plant.

Underground: Myths and realities of carbon capture and storage -- An E&E Report

"But until Vattenfall finds a place to stash its CO2, those dreams will be as intangible as the CO2 it collects and vents every few days back into the atmosphere."

Pretty pathetic example you are building your case upon. Guess that is why you have - as usual - resorted to name calling.

My statement stands.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote