Old 07-05-2021, 2:10pm   #12
Wathen1955
A Real Barner
Activity: 11.9%

Thanked 5,600 Times in 1,991 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1524159

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
Possibly the worst "conversion" I ever went through at our company was going from almost none, to a verifiable and validated metrology program. We had thousands of measuring instruments that needed both a written process and record keeping. Took two years and countless hours to get back to just being able to keep a straight face.
Yep! Been there and done that. We had custom software we used and created ourselves using Dbase 3/4. We had it all documented each component and how it worked. Auditor did not like it and we were forced to use a commercial program. Then came having documented procedures, which we did have on a local drive, all created by me, but the auditor was not happy about that so we had to have them go through our document control department.

Right before I retired in May 2020, my last project was getting ALL of our calibration procedures updated to the latest template, and having verbiage about TIME measurements. This project took me almost a year to complete. Again, due to an auditor not happy with our procedures. Hell, even the Maintenance and Equipment departments had to revamp their procedures just for this auditor.

I'm so happy I don't have to deal with that crap anymore.
Wathen1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wathen1955 For This Useful Post: