Old 07-10-2016, 10:32pm   #39
polarbear
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,184 Times in 568 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013348

Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
I failed calculus, twice. However let me say this; each of us must live with the choice we make at the polls. For me, to not choose is evasion. If the answer for me is "none of the main candidates" then my only choice is a third or other party vote. My vote must go to whoever I think might make my life better, or at least not worse regardless of whether I shape the final outcome or not. I hope that all of us are guided by the "ME" principal instead of blind party lines or a feeling of inevitability. If we do not put our interest first I guarantee the winner will not either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
My math skills are excellent; and I plan to vote for the best qualified candidate. It's not my fault that the Democrat and Republican Party voters picked the two worst candidates, probably in this county's history. Both candidates are counting on the other's negative numbers for their best chance to win; that's no way to pick a leader, but that's what it's come down to. If you guys think Trump is the best thing ever, by all means vote for him, twice if you can, woo-hoo for your enthusiasm. I'm going to vote for a candidate that deserves my vote.
I'm not convinced the Republicans picked the worst candidate. Let's be honest, most of them are really Democrats masquerading as conservatives. The interest groups they serve are the same, and they all worship at the same altar of money. Which explains, in simplest terms, why the economic and social policies served the needs of those in a position to wield the most influence for the past 20+ years. They bought off the poor... and the rest of us are footing the bill.

But lets keep it simple. Ten people in a room going to elect a leader. Four want the Red. Three want the Yellow. Two decide, in good conscience, to vote for Blue. One abstains because "Pie" wasn't a choice on the ballot.

Red wins- done. Not because Red had the most votes, but because the slow kids in the room didn't understand the part about "one of the two top choices is going to win."

Really as simple as that.
polarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to polarbear For This Useful Post: