Old 12-28-2019, 11:11am   #29
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
I understand they were tired of the feuding. What I don't understand is how "bar threads" suddenly became the root cause of the feuding problem and had to be eliminated immediately.
Exactly. Like I said in another thread, when I was a mod, there were strict rules on the moderators. We were not allowed to ban, unless someone clearly broke a rule. Hostile or attacking type posts were against the rules, so on those old boards, if folks were constantly "feuding", the correct moderation response was to wait for a "feuder" to post something nasty and ad hominem, and ban them for a day. Second offense by the same poster would get you 2-3 days. Third offense a week. Generally, folks would get the message pretty quickly, and stop the bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
I'm banned for the same reason, but until 2:00pm.

The funny thing is, I don't post as much in the bar threads as the others do. However, I did post in the Forgiveness thread, and I'm guessing someone complained about my post.
I didn't post in any of the bar threads either, in fact, I haven't posted in any bar threads over there in close to two years. So clearly, this little hissy fit is not directed at the "bar crowd". I did post in the "forgiveness" thread, but it didn't have anything to do with any ongoing "feud".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 commemorative View Post
....do you think they see what they have done and how there is no traffic over there....and care at all
Obviously, IB cares to a certain extent. Lower traffic = lower revenue for them. The fact that they changed responses from banning anyone who was seen to be "defying" the "no bar threads, or anything we think looks like a bar thread", like the "Hey where did everyone go?" thread, to simply locking and boneyarding further threads they didn't like, like the "Bar Mitzvah" thread without banning the OP, indicates that the IB administration likely told them to stop banning everyone, especially those who didn't violate any posted rule.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote