99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 14,812 Times in 6,543 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10393746
Default Reason #396 I hate flying

Coming home from PA this AM. Flying out of BWI. Get there and they have 2 out of three TSA “Pre” lines closed. The only open line is so long it extends beyond the rope maze out into the lobby. The regular lines are just as long so we go ahead and get in the TSA line. Soon I notice that the line is barely moving. Turns out they have ONE guy checking ID and boarding pass for the only TSA Precheck line in the entire GD airport! For those of you not familiar, BWI is not as big as DFW, ATL or ORD but it certainly is not some smal regional airport. Thirty five minutes later we finally clear TSA and start walking briskly to the concourse our flight is leaving from. Of course it is at the last gate at the far end. Half way down the concourse, I hear Southwest paging us telling us the door is about to close. Run down the rest of the way and get there to tel them my wife is right behind me. We were last ones on the plane and they closed the door 15 minutes before scheduled.

One TSA guy for checking ID for the whole airport. There were plenty of others standing around with their thumbs up their asses as usual. Typical government operation

Rant off.
99 pewtercoupe is online now   Reply With Quote