Old 06-29-2022, 8:16am   #1
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,969 Times in 11,823 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209
Default How to handle company trying to get out of warranty repairs

So, I bought this Direct to Garment T-shirt printer from a company called DTG Pro. that was a huge mistake as the company has turned out to be a huge POS filled with asshole liars.

This machine is custom built, but it uses Epson electronics, print head, and software. Every now and then, I have to remove the print head to clean it in order to prevent clogging. Well, about two weeks ago, I did. when i put it back together, I go through the power on process. One switch on the back powers up the mechanical parts that move the tray up down, back and forth. The panel on the front powers on the print head which has a custom circuit board built into it, and the firmware, blah blah blah.

I get it all powered on and get an error code saying the ink waste pads are at end of life (don't have those, BTW) so i clear it with software. It takes three tries to clear the error, but then I get a Paper jam error. This is common during this process, so I power the machine off. Now, it won't power on. I've done all the trouble shooting the company has told me to do, sent all the pictures and videos they want, but they keep wanting more of the same stuff.

How can i get them to stop ****ing around and do one of three things:
1) fix it under warranty like they should be
2) replace it with a new machine (this one has been problematic from the start and well documented)
3) refund my money and get the POS out of my sight?

Anybody got any ideas that are legal? Damn thing cost my business partner $5K and we have lost more than that in sales orders that we can't fill because of reliability issues.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote