Thread: Car Shopping
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 3:42pm   #25
86RAG
Bantayan Kids '14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 3,045 Times in 1,474 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $998785483

Worst experience I have ever had was about 30 years ago when I was looking at a used truck at one of the larger used car lots near me. I went and looked at the truck in the parking lot and, of course, one of the salesmen comes out to talk. I told him I'd like to take it for a test drive. He said sure, lets go get the keys. We head into his cubicle and he starts with "we need to make a copy of your license before we can go". I'm OK with it and give him my license. He has someone come get it to make a copy. While we are waiting for that he starts with the questions. Whats your name and address? How long have you been at that address? Where do you work? How long have you been there? This is not that concerning to me because I'm thinking as soon as the copy of my license comes back we can just go for a test drive. When he gets to asking for my SS# I stopped him and asked why do you want that? He says to make sure my credit is OK. At this point I'm thinking copying my license is just a delay tactic and I tell him I'm not giving him any more info. Hell, I don't even know if I want the truck or not. He tells me it's standard procedure and I said too bad, get my license back, I'm done. At this point he gets the manager over to ask what the problem is. There were a few heated words at that point and he storms off and tells the saleshole to get my license and I need to leave! I'm like, no shit. It was a nice looking truck, too!
86RAG is offline   Reply With Quote