Old 08-05-2021, 7:44am   #137
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 17.6%

Thanked 14,231 Times in 4,354 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemtrails99 View Post
My wife is in the medical field in Florida. There is no such thing as understaffing. There have been massive layoffs because everything else in hospitals has been stopped dead to supposedly deal with C19. A great number of her friends have been laid off with no rehire in sight. There are countless people available to staff positions, but hospitals won't hire them. The only departments being supported is ER and Intensive Care.

In addition, I hear about an ever increasing number of people who needed operations that got canceled, so they die instead. Can't see why all the panic over a virus with an almost 4000 year history, when there are people with obvious and diagnosed illnesses that can't get treated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
I’ve heard similar from medical personnel around here in regards to this being overblown and preventative procedures being put off. On top of that have been the social consequences I’ve heard about from first responders in regards to suicides, domestic violence and such related to the stress created by this nonsense.

WTF?

That is not happening here! Nothing elective has been put on hold. Other than PPE for staff returning to more strict protocol, visitors are limited to 1.

We are truly understaffed, not at all due to lay offs. Unfortunately, many of our staff have come to the realization they can stay at home and get paid by the government NOT to work and if they are renter NOT pay their rent!!

I 100% agree the government is making this far worse than it needs to be. The ONLY option is to keep things open, and if you sadly fall into the high risk category, stay safe and stay home, mask up or go about your normal life and
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: