SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Perhaps.

But if you have ever known anyone post amputation, they often deal with chronic pain. Not only from the phantom pains but also from pain of prosthetic fittings and pain of their joints having to use their bodies in new ways. There are also many paraplegics at the Paralympics as well that I had the pleasure of meeting. Emotional pain that goes along with the “loss” of a body part or loss of function, can also lead to severe depression.

Fatigue is often a side effect of the neuropathy and pain meds they are taking. As you well know the long list of side effects of pain meds.

Not trying to compare apples and oranges, was more of appreciating importance of perspective/state of mind and positivity.
I wore a metal and plastic brace for a year after I broke my back. That damn thing literally wore holes in my skin. I remember feeling very defeated because I had no choice but to get through it. I could not walk or stand without it.

I still have the scars. Who ever invented that should be kicked square in the ballsack.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote