Old 03-30-2020, 10:54pm   #34
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 View Post
Constant pain and fatigue wear on you differently than the loss of limbs. Yes those athletes have shown great drive and stamina to overcome their physical limitations. But what do you do when you don't have the drive and stamina any more? When those things are broken it's a very different thing to just get up everyday.
Dude gets it. I’m 14 years in with pain 24/7 and I can’t take pain killers other than Tylenol. To be honest I don’t even notice it anymore.

But the fatigue is indescribable. Although I think 50% is in my head. Everything I do, plan, think of is through the lens of rationing my energy.

The other 50% is drugs, the disease, low oxygen levels and hella sleeping problems.

There is something called “spoon theory”. We use it to attempt to communicate what life is like running on fumes.

Imagine I give you 50 spoons. Everything you do in a day takes a spoon or more. Shower? Pay a spoon. Get dressed. Another spoon. Intense meeting. Ten spoons. Rush hour drive 15 spoons. Your goal is to get to the end of the day with at least one spoon.

You can borrow spoons from tomorrow but they can’t be replaced. In other words if I borrow 10 spoons today, I start tomorrow with only 40 spoons.

When you run out of spoons you wake up in the hospital.

Usually I don’t notice the pain. Except a couple months ago it got so bad I hit the ER. Took three shots of hydromorphone before I felt any relief. They scanned me and said, “you have Crohns [shrug]”

Scared me half to death. Never had so much pain even when I was shot. Worse. I’m hoping that doesn’t happen again.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote