Old 03-29-2020, 10:13pm   #22
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 9,000 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post
I know beauty is in the eye's of the beholder but Damn, your wife's a dog.
That reminds me of a story.

I was in NM in a sketchy part of town and stopped to get gas. My situational awareness training kicked in when I saw a very rough looking biker dude just hanging around. I kept an eye on him as I filled my tank.

My black Shepherd was sitting in the front pass seat with the window down. This guy starts walking towards me. I keep my eyes on him. Next thing I know he comes around the pump and says “your wife is a dog!” Then, he moves right in close AND PUTS HIS HAND ON MY SHOULDER!

I take a huge step back, give home the stink eye and place my hand on my gun under my cover shirt (he could not see the gun) Hanna starts growling. He knows I’m on to him and starts backtracking asking if she will attack. I replied “only if I tell her to.” (Lie)

Then in a command voice I tell him to step back from the vehicle as I move into a shooting stance putting the corner of the vehicle between him and me for cover (gun still holstered, still in orange).

Hanna decides she has had enough, leaps out of the truck and goes after the guy.

He hightails it out of there, jumps on his bike and splits. I call her back and she instantly responds and, get this, jumps back through the window into the truck - at least a four foot jump. She crashed pretty hard inside the truck.

I failed the interview. It was the first time I went to orange. Later, I was proud that the training really worked. I formulated a plan in seconds. If I had seen a weapon or if he came at me, I would have shot him without hesitation. It was clear he was looking to rob me or do something untoward.

His grip on my shoulder told me everything I needed to know. My only mistake is not reacting sooner. He got too close. But he moved very fast.

Hanna is super sweet but when she is fired up, she looks like a black wolf. Dang scary. But all an act. She sensed something was wrong and the guy was a threat way before I did. It’s very unusual for her to growl.

Shadow on the other hand would have ass raped that guy and brought back his severed leg.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: