View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 11:34pm   #17
Cobra4B
Charter Member
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8830

Installed the rest of the stuff tonight... took the front facia off to make it easy. Figured I could install the Z06 screens in the OEM manner, but I guess you have to drill the lower part of the front bumper openings, because they sure don't use the holes of the coupe/vert shrouds. Anyone know how the Z06 screen is held in in a Z06? My Z06 has the front bumper off of Kevin's (wkmcd) vert and I don't remember what my original was like.... took it off long ago. Ended using the "velcro method" and am glad I did... I can pull them out when needed to fiddle w/ the fogs etc.

I'm in love w/ my air tools... specifically my "stubby" 1/4" drive air ratchet. Last time I did this by hand, tonight it was a breeze using air.

Build sheet was in the bumper bar as expected...

Used the existing foglight srew to mount the ballast and zip-tied the wires nice and neat. Can't belive how cheap HIDs have gotten and how small the ballasts are. Last set I had in my old Specter Werkes C5-R lights was over $300 and the ballast was way bigger

4300K HIDs are great... I don't even need to use the headlights anymore.

The stock foglight lenses have a wonderful cutoff

New diamond cut turn signals, front bumper and brake duct screens and side cove screens...

G'night,

Brian
2001 Quicksilver Z06 - NASA PTA/TTA/ST2 #4
www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com
April 7th, 2012 7:30am-9:30am @ La Promenade
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobra4B For This Useful Post: