10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 91.4%

Thanked 41,260 Times in 17,155 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
Damage was extensive. I lost my seawall and about 20-25 feet of land. Quite a bit of rainwater came in through the French doors. No power so I’m worried mildew will start very soon. It’s a mess. My house is unlivable.

Plus an apartment complex flooded- no flood insurance.

This will be about a $50,000 ride, at first glance.
Damn, that sucks. Take lots of pictures, and use those to protest your property taxes.

Edit: You don't have a generator? I figured every RV'er has a generator. Maybe you have a portable welder? Get some fans on that water damaged area NOW. Rip out the carpeting if you haven't already, and pull the baseboard and cut sheetrock if the sheetrock got wet. Mold will just travel right up the sheetrock, so you've got to nip that shit in the bud, pronto. Spraying bleach/water solution on your bare concrete floor, and the exposed studs after removing the sheetrock is a must, too. You can also use something like this:

Time is of the essence here.

(Sea, I realize you probably know all this, but maybe there's somebody who sees this who has a similar problem that hasn't been through all this before and just doesn't know.)

Also, if you don't have one, a dehumidifier is a great thing to have, run it on the generator, too.

Did you lose water/sewer or gas? If not, and you have, or can procure a generator, I don't see that the house is unlivable at all, especially if the only water damage was blown in, not rising, as in flood damage.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote