View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 5:40pm   #8
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 42.4%

Thanked 7,056 Times in 3,117 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

The bullshit is getting unbelievably thick. My wife works at a bank, and is being told she needs to carry her work photo ID with her, AND a letter from the bank confirming that she is an employee, so that if she gets pulled over on her way to work, she can "prove" she is an "essential employee", and won't get a ticket for violating the lock-down.

I said "really?" What kind of bullshit is that? If some cop pulls me over, and asks me where I'm going, I'm just going to say something brilliant like "I'm going food shopping." Then what is he going to do? Is he going to try to prove I went food shopping last Tuesday so it hasn't been a whole week yet? What if I say I need cash, and am on my way to the bank? What if I say I am on my way to the drug store? I can be on my way to ANY "essential business", and be A-OK to be on the road, so how are they going to enforce this bullshit?

This is just more random bullshit meant to put "fear" into the general citizenry that has zero chance of any effective enforcement at all.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post: