Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '11,'13,'14,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 3,302 Times in 1,963 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $988270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
I work with a guy who's daughter was shot in the face at a frat party a couple of years ago in OKC. she is recovering, but she was set back for years by this stupidity. how can this situation get any better if we take the "arm everyone to the teeth" mentality overboard ? maybe if she had a gun could she have quickdrawn & shot her assailant first like Marshall Dillon? is that what we want? is that the kind of society we are headed for? like I said, I will always arm & protect myself & I have no problems doing so, but I'm a grown man & way past student age & I remember some of the crazy shit I did back then. I just wonder if we are setting ourselves up for more Arizona like scenarios. I sure as hell don't want my second amendment weakened any more & I don't want to see any more public bloodbaths that make the voters want to take away our guns.
Ok, you have some personal interest invested in this. That's fine. But statistically speaking, one incident in how many thousands or more frat parties? More than likely some sort of armament available?? (not just a firearm either)

I'm not saying "armed to the teeth" either. Most info that I've seen prior (sorry can't seem to find the link now), showed that on average, only about 4% of a given population actually goes all the way to being armed, even in the free states. That 4% unknown quantity to the criminals is sufficient to convince them to move on.

All those previous places where massacres occurred were only as successful because the general populace was UNarmed, and forcibly so.

If those students and staff have to meet the same requisites as everybody else (including the older farts like us) in qualifying for a concealed carry permit (and most states have quite a rigmarole to meet), then who are you to say that they are not worthy of protecting themselves? Also, are you aware that MOST states MINIMUM requirement is that if you are carrying, you can NOT consume alcohol? Even here in AZ, you make the choice of either drinking, or carrying. No in between.
If you have been drinking and are found to be carrying, you face very stiff penalties.

You seem to have them all convicted before any of them committed any crime. Those who go through the trouble of qualifying to carry are NOT the problem. The CRIMINALS are the problem. Concentrate on making the punishment worse enough to be a deterrent, then the problems would go away.
73sbVert is offline   Reply With Quote