View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 9:17pm   #22
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

She called me up this afternoon, we had dinner and just hung out.
Set up some plans for Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
As someone who's gone through the same thing, you've done good and in a shorter time than some.

Someone once explained the grief as tsunami waves at first but as time goes by one learns to deal with it more effectively. The tsunami waves then become ripples.

Good on you. Enjoy things more now.
I remember you telling me that. You and the rest of the Barners were a real source of comfort during that time. At the time I couldn't imagine ever moving on. It's like time just stopped for the past five years. You telling me about your experience Johnny, had an impact with my decision to move on. I never forgot about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olustee bus View Post
very well put there OddBall. Very nice tribute to your wonderful wife.
Now, to put this in perspective, do not doubt that you would be overchicked. If any lady takes an interest in you, you are overchicked!
J/K man. Very happy for you. Take it EASY
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay View Post
I can tell that you loved your wife and she loved you and wanted you move on with your life. . May your wife rest in peace and be blessed by God and may you be blessed by God.
Actually, Lori wasn't my wife. That was the plan; we were just waiting for her daughter to get out of school. I was more than willing to go ahead and tie the knot when we found out she had cancer, but when we found out she was terminal, she wouldn't allow it. She didn't want me hurting any more than she knew I would be when she was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post
suggestion; check her birth certificate and see what sex she was born as...

I told her you posted that! She got a good laugh. She says all parts are OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon View Post
Well said Joe. I'm extremely happy for you. Like you say life without someone to share it with is bearable but feels empty. Even travel loses it's attraction. I'm in the same boat as you were....

Now.....if she has a sister....send her on over!
She has a brother, will that do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Awesome! Oh, and welcome back. Some folks were starting to wonder what happened to you, since you hadn't posted for awhile.

Best of luck to you!

and
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwomanC6 View Post
I wondered what happened to you? Glad to hear it's for something good! Good Luck and enjoy your new found friendship!

I was offline so long because my mom was sent to Hospice, we were pretty much waiting for her to die, and by chance we found out that she wasn't being given her Lasix, which keeps her lungs from filling up with fluid. She recovered and got sent back home, but it was a rough time. The COPD will eventually get her but she has some time yet.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OddBall For This Useful Post: