View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 2:39pm   #1
darnold
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $550
Default Mod's for the 99'. What do you think?

Since I just got my first Corvette seven weeks ago I have been planning and refining what mods I would like to initially do to it regarding H.P. and Handling and LOOKS. I've refined the list to the following and wanted to get people on the forums' thoughts and further ideas?

H. P.
- I'm putting my twin tube CIA on this evening and plan to buy a ported MAF next week, and possibly a Vararam Power Bridge the two weeks from now to increase some H.P. I'm anticipating about 20 H.P. combined based upon the literature reviews that I've been able to pull up from multiple dyno reports and C5 owners.

Should I add a power bridge to this equation considering that the stock TB has been independently checked at flowing around 570 CFM but the stock intake system (box, filter, bridge/couplings, MAF) only flowed 370ish CFM?

Would a Borla exhaust or Magnaflow mufflers be a good upgrade over the stock mufflers to add for a little more H.P. and better sound once I complete the intake side of things? BTW, I do plan on putting an LS6 Intake on later this year if I can find one. LOL

HANDLING
- My C6 Z06 Shocks shipped today to go on the car and I'm thinking about putting on a Steinjager Z06 sway bar kit with their nice metal end links.

Will this setup work well using the springs from my base suspension (FE1???), or do I have to upgrade to the Z51 spring set?

LOOKS
- I've ordered my side fender mesh screens and they should be here by next week. I would like to put some new halogens in for a crisper "white light" and was hoping for some suggestions that I could run to the automotive shop to pick up and put in this weekend. Any ideas/experiences?

Thanks in advance for everyone's thoughts and ideas. -Dave
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote