Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 6,922 Times in 2,622 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
It didn't look like it did that much damage, thankfully. The biggest cost will be fixing the concrete and moving the locomotive and boxcar back to the tracks. I wonder, did the wheelsets on the equipment suffer damage from that? Seems like they're pretty durable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
Val can correct me if I am wrong, but the company is always in peril when their employee does bad shit. It's up to a dude or dudette in a black robe to decide the rest.....

and do you want some crazy asshole judge deciding the next 50 years of your life.....

PSA: Whether you are an individual or a big-ass company with trains and shit, max out your umbrella policy. It not only pays out when you are liable, it pays for your defense. Get in serious trouble, you gonna need some defense.....

I suspect there is likely a $500k loss in terms of property on this, by the time they get the locomotive and boxcar back on the tracks, fix damages to them, and repair the other damaged items.

Liability for anyone who thinks they have been injured in this incident is anyone's guess.
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post: