Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Toured Kennedy Space Ct. several times. They open a door to another part of the building for you to walk into and you are face to face with the Sat V engines. Something to see in person!
I was inside the building at Vandenberg Air Force base where they assemble the solid rocket booster sections for the Titan IV. I had been at the base all week doing some testing of my company's products that were used on various rocket systems, and the last day there they sent us to the SRB assembly building. About 1/4 mile from the building there was a bunker/guard shack and they asked us for our wallets and any ID we had. I thought it was a strange request until it dawned on me why. If the SRB assembly building blew up, all that would be left of us was atoms. But they'd know who was in the building at least.

When you entered that building, they have you put on a metallic gold colored jumpsuit that had several places you could snap on ground wires. You had to have at least two ground wires connected anytime you got even somewhat close to the SRB sections.

The good thing about them having your wallet was when the roach coach came out at lunch time, the food was free because they had our wallets!
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post: