View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 3:40pm   #1
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,006 Times in 2,778 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333
Default That's it. I'm done.

The Lee Pro 1000 is simply a piece of dog shit that was ingested by a bear and then shit out again, eaten by worms and then shit out again.

Yes, Jeff warned me.

I've had this press for about six months. It is a living nightmare. I know it's cheap. But it should work. I've watched the videos. I've read the instructions. I've cleaned it and cleaned and set it and set it. I've tinkered. I've tinkled. I've twerked it. I've jerked it.

I've swiveled and beveled and worked it. [/suess]

The primer system is horrible. The powder feeding mechanism is inconsistent at the least. Some rounds have zero powder. The disk thingy gets jammed. Powder spills everywhere. The stupid chain that operates it breaks constantly (replaced it with a rubber band...).

I waste 20-30 primers every time I start a batch and it takes two-three hours before I get a useable round (loading .223) EVERY TIME.

Today I started at 10am with a strip down, cleaning and lube. It is now 4.5 hours later and I've loaded exactly two useable rounds.

The case feeder gets caught on the top ledge - I had to file it down and it still jams, tips over cases, cases fall on top of each other (and yes, I've used a dime to space it and everything I've read, watched videos, etc.)

The device that slides the case in is wonky and works about half of the time.

Good grief. I've loaded about 1000 rounds so far total.

This thing proves that if you put a million monkeys in a room with CAD they will make a Lee Pro 1000.

Dillon here I come.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote