Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
On almost all forums, when you click on a thread title, it changes color so that the next time you look at the forum you can tell which threads you have seen already. Why doesn't the Vette Barn have this feature?
As is standard behavior with VBulletin, the thread title font changes from bold to standard weight upon being read, making visited threads quite easy to discern.
New (unread) thread titles also have the addition of a blue arrow icon to the left of the title text, which is a link used to navigate directly to new/unread post(s).

When new (unread) posts update a previously-read thread, the title reverts back to bold, and the "go to first unread" icon reappears, indicating there is new content in the thread.

You can see this in the example screenshot below, and with those two changes, I find it quite obvious as to what's been read, and what hasn't.

I just checked 12 different forums, and not a single one changes font color with read status, so although that is easily possible, I can't agree with your "almost all" claim. Can you link to one to show as an example?

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post: