Old 05-21-2020, 7:32pm   #2021
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 16.5%

Thanked 14,247 Times in 4,360 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
All “non-essential” medical tests and treatments were delayed at least two months while we waited for hospitals to be overwhelmed. Non-essential included chemotherapy, internal diagnostic exams for major health issues (ask me how I know) and other tests and treatments that most would deem essential. Then thousands of physicians, nurses and others were laid off due to lack of work. Now they’re reopening, at least here, and running TV commercials begging for people to come in; unfortunately many people who need medical attention are terrified to go get it.

So, you tell me, how much do those lives and peoples’ health being destroyed matter to our politicians and the medical “experts” who told us we had to shut down everything to “flatten the curve.”
Well, my clinic fell into that category, "Lung screening" as this was cancelled till last week. No treatments were cancelled for those with an acute illness, like my nephew with cancer, but screening for asymptomatic patients was put on hold.

All of my patients are high risk due to age and comorbid conditions, so the risk of contracting COVID would likely have been a death sentence for them.

I support what we are doing now, no waiting in waiting rooms, patient goes directly to room by nurse to wait for me. Room has been sanitized, no visitors during visit or diagnostic testing in radiology.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: