Old 01-16-2020, 5:05pm   #19
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 42.4%

Thanked 7,056 Times in 3,117 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
I took a few management courses in college, and this topic came up in my Personnel Management class. The instructor said ideally it should not affect your emotions anymore than getting a cup of coffee. If it really bothers you ore if you really like it, management may not be the job for you.

04, I tend to agree with you on this topic. I think it should bother someone at least enough to start a thread on a car forum about it.
Although I see your point, I'm not sure I would want to work for a boss that really felt the way that bolded describes.

In that job, I was expected to be an adult, and a professional, so was my boss. Part of that is the idea of "business is business". I know my boss fought to keep as much of his staff employed as long as he could (this was in the Obummer years), but when the end came for someone, it came. The "doing the right thing" part came BEORE the end. Once the end is reached, everyone needs to be a professional about it.

Hopefully the young man that DJ had to fire today will come to understand this as he matures.
Mick is online now   Reply With Quote