View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 8:12am   #99
AC54ME
Barn Stall Owner #66
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4290

Quote:
Cain Gets Major Applause At Debate After Dismissing Harassment Claim
Related Videos | expand Playing cain gets major applause at debate after dismissing harassment claim

The audience at CNBC's economic debate applauded and cheered on Herman Cain after he once again made it clear that the sexual harassment accusations against him are untrue and unfounded. As Cain was being asked about his character and alleged sexual encounters with several women the audience booed at Maria Bartiromo, one of tonight's moderators. Transcript below:

BARTIROMO: You have all said that -- that you will repeal the president's health care legislation. We will get into that, because we want to know, then what? What is the plan once you repeal Obamacare?

But, first, Mr. Cain, the American people want jobs, but they also want leadership. They want character in a president. In recent days, we have learned that four different women have accused you of inappropriate behavior. Here we're focusing on character and on judgment.

(BOOING)

You've been a CEO.

CAIN: Yes. BARTIROMO: You know that shareholders are reluctant to hire a CEO where there are character issues. Why should the American people hire a president if they feel there are character issues?

CAIN: The American people deserve better than someone being tried in the court of public opinion based on unfounded accusations. That's...

(APPLAUSE)

And I value my character and my integrity more than anything else. And for every -- one person that comes forward with a false accusation, there are probably -- there are thousands who would say none of that sort of activity ever came from Herman Cain.

You're right. This country's looking for leadership. And this is why a lot of people, despite what has happened over the last nine days, are still very enthusiastic behind my candidacy. Over the last nine days...

(APPLAUSE)

Over the last nine days, the voters have voted with their dollars, and they are saying they don't care about the character assassination. They care about leadership and getting this economy growing and all of the other problems we face.

(APPLAUSE)
Cain Gets Major Applause At Debate After Dismissing Harassment Claim | RealClearPolitics
AC54ME is offline   Reply With Quote