NotSlo
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,061 Times in 351 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1001365

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
What’s your full process?

My neighbor has a smoker that she allows me to use. Im going to have a big crowd for thanksgiving with my mom, my sisters, their hubs and all the kids. This year even an extra large turkey isn’t going to cut it.

Was thinking of doing a turkey, plus something on the smoker. Prime rib sounds pretty good.
I have a gizmo called BBQube, it's a temp controller and temp monitor, has 3 probes, a flexible hose that connects to my smoker and a fan on the device. Controls the airflow to maintain the temp. App will notify when I hit my target temp.

I just dry rub overnight, get my lump charcoal going in a chimney, then dump it on top of my smoking chunks (hickory today), let it settle for 15 minutes and put the meat in. I have a Vision Kamado grill ( like an Egg) and it has a double rack. I put a tray with Guinness on top of a foil covered pizza stone on the first rack. Stone acts as a heat deflector, meat goes on top rack. Shooting for 185 or so, then remove and wrap to sit in a cooler with towels around it for an hour or 2. It's been going since 8:30 am.
NotSlo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotSlo For This Useful Post: