View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 2:30pm   #66
wicked_c6
Bantayan Kids '14
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wind View Post
Is that really your view of the world? People with money got there by taking advantage of others? Really?

You know, I have a twenty-something stepson you need to meet. He lives in his dad's basement too.

In all sincerity, the only people I have ever known who think like that are those who made some horrendous choices in life and resent everyone and anyone who has it better than them. If this describes you, I will not even piss on your head.
Every company I've ever worked for has treated me well when times were well. I've received bonuses when work was done well. I've received Christmas presents, discounts on products they make, company cars, etc. Those are the companies I spent the most time with and worked the hardest for. I developed systems that saved them millions. The other companies (2) I've worked for treated their employees shitty, didn't pay the going rate for the skills provided, screwed employees on overtime, etc. Guess how long I stayed there? Not long and that was too bad as I had ideas to streamline their companies as well. Neither did the other talented people there - they all left when one of the guys started a company doing what the poorly run company did. And all those good workers came to work for them. See how that works? Again, personal choice. Don't like your surroundings? Use your legs, find another spot to rest yourself.

z06 - if you really think that, then someone, somewhere has really done you wrong. True to life there are businesses that crap on their employees - and you hear all about it in the news. However, there are companies that bend over backwards to keep their employees happy. I've been at many of them...its just a matter of finding one that fits.

If you don't mind me asking - how old are you?

Broken - your last statement rings quite true. My brother in law, and sister in law are like this. They both dropped out of college to travel around Europe. Came back and never returned to school. Lived way beyond their means. Had kids before they were 25, etc etc. Lets just say years of dumb choices.

Everytime I see them I get little digs of, "Well you make so much why don't you do X for them." or something to dig in that I have made alot more of myself. I never forget to remind them of the crappy choices they made, and then the good choices I had made. I always end with..."Its not to late. You are only 31 - go back and finish your degree." And yet they never do.

Last edited by wicked_c6; 03-23-2011 at 2:41pm.
wicked_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote