Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

I think revising it to allow 1 or 2 per day might be a better idea, since even at 10, the rep system has now become so abused and meaningless.

Used to be, it took a rather extraordinary post or thread to be considered "rep-worthy".
Helpful, humorous, informative, whatever, at least there was a valid reason that compelled people to use it occasionally.

But nowadays just posting in a bar thread is apparently deserving enough to earn piles of it.

Like others have noticed, it's become nothing more than a silly popularity contest, with little or no meaning behind it any more, other than gaining points. People no longer leave comments, the post itself means nothing, it's seemingly just become a daily duty of repping everyone because either they did it to you, or you still have some of your 10 to use up before you can re-hit the one person you really want to pile it on to.

Racking up a hundred million points in a few weeks time is proof positive there's a flaw in the system, and allowing MORE is not likely to break that trend.

Reducing the allowance to 1 or 2/day might actually keep it reserved for those special occasions only, and eliminate the daily "I hit you, now hit me back" nonsense.

Just a thought from a different perspective...

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post: