Thread: Weekend work
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 10:51pm   #1
Lowcash
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2827
Default Weekend car work

I swapped out my red display digital cutout controller for a blue display last weekend. When I tried to calibrate the cutouts to the new controller I found my passenger side cutout would not calibrate correctly. Thursday I put the car in the air and took the cutout off for cleaning and a basic overall check. No matter what I did I could not get it to sync up correctly. I then noticed the motor was kind of lazy and did not sound right. I decided instead of buying a whole new cutout I would just buy the replacement pieces (motor and butterfly kit). So hopefully on Wednesday the parts will arrive and I can put everything back together. ... I also turned the rear bolts down to 3 threads.

After I shot it with brake cleaner to get all the excess exhaust crap off I wiped it down and shot it with PB Blaster to loosen up the screws. Below is a picture of a disassembled QTP cutout.

Note: The 2 screws that attach the butterfly to the shaft are impossible to remove even after soaking it in PB Blaster. I ended up twisting the head off and had to drill the rest of the screw out.

If the cutouts don't re-sync after this, I'll be stopping by the local GHL distributor for some 'ideas'.

Last edited by Lowcash; 10-10-2009 at 10:59pm.
Lowcash is offline   Reply With Quote