View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 9:12am   #23
DropTheTop
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #777
Activity: 0%

Location: If they told you that wolverines would make good house pets . . . would you believe them?
Thanked 1,414 Times in 928 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6589249

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy View Post
Do you all actually know how many gay soldiers are fighting right now? I don't know the exact numbers, but living in Virginia Beach, home of a Master Jet Base, and just minutes away from NOB Norfolk, the world's largest naval base, I can tell you there are quite a few....I know several who are deployed right now, and quite a few that have done a couple tours on the front line.

The way I see it, is if they are man or woman enough to step up and risk their lives for their country, then let them serve. Who one finds attractive or decides to sleep with does not make them any more or less of a man.

Honestly, it is just as bad as saying someone is less of a man because he is black, or Asian, or red headed....seriously, it is 2010, aren't we passed stuff like this yet?

And for the record, last person to call me the "F" word (a marine), although I was a little bruised and had a busted lip, he was not able to walk out of there without a little help from his friends...don't stereotype, or misjudge us.
Hey, I was just being honest. I'm not a gay basher, I just sincerely believe that gay people have a glitch in their genetic code. The same way I believe people that are attracted to animals, small children, inanimate objects, dead people, etc... have a glitch in their genetic code. Comparing being gay with having different hair colors, skin tones, or birth origins is n/a. I'm sure there's room in this world for all gays, pedophiles, zoophiles, necrophiles, objectophiles, etc... I'm just not so sure all of those people should serve openly in the military in combat situations.

The fact that you beat the tar out of a marine for calling you names may be proof that it doesn't work very well for others. I am also curious to know your acceptance level of some of the other groups of people that I mentioned, and in what capacity you believe they should openly serve. I mean seriously, how many soldiers do you think want to bunk with guys with NAMBLA tattoos, or pics of their goat lover? Would it be your contention that if America were to embrace gays in the military, they should also support other anomalies as well, and the other soldiers should just grin and bear it or face more beatings?
DropTheTop is offline   Reply With Quote