View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 8:53pm   #3
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8878

I am old enough to have 2 boys that could be driving ricers. Not older than sin, but pretty darn close.

I know there are some fast ricers out there, I have talked to some of them but I guess I am the "GO USA" type of guy and have zero interest in the "fast and furious" type of cars.

I noticed most of them use accumulated HP numbers. When they purchase a bolt on and it if advertises to add 100HP, they assume they have another 100HP, I tell them it doesn't work that way. Most or unwilling to put it on a dyno or meet me on the track for some reason.

Often driving on the highway I get a fart machine riding my azz, I know half the time they just want to see me hit it. Often they back off when they hear me downshift while cruising between 70 and 80.

I am glad to see the young guys interested in cars, I thought it was dead for a long time. I don't bust their balls often, nothing gained by insulting a mans car. The only time I will ride someone is if they are talking some crap, then I feel it is my place to inform them of the facts.

The guys at work that I give a hard time to is just in jest and I let them know I am just having some fun, we have the same interest just different taste.
thegreenman is offline   Reply With Quote