View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 5:52am   #24
Lakota
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 2,923 Times in 592 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2924

Also from the other place, posted by an English gent.

Harry and Meghan are no longer royalty. Most people here were glad to see the back of them. Although sorry we had to inflict them on you lot, but Meghan was yours to start with

And as for worshiping royalty, it seems most Americans treat their politicians the same way. Which to us is odd because most politicians, good or bad, are scoundrels.

More to the point, the chap was a long serving veteran, never afraid to speak his mind, a VERY keen sportsman and shooter, and also did more things to support the community than any politician or celebrity than I can think of. For example, over 20,000 unveiling events etc. That's an average of one a day for 60 years.

And lets not forget the money. The Royal Estate pays all profits to the Treasury. In exchange the Treasury gives the Royal's a grant of normally 15%. Most left wing media here just focuses on the 15% handout and balls them spongers. What they really are is a wealthy family that pays 85% income tax while also doing a huge amount of community service, more so than other wealthy tyres I could name.

So here's to a good chap who made a good innings, I wish we had more like him.
Lakota is offline   Reply With Quote