Old 11-03-2020, 3:51pm   #17
Nox
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,676 Times in 634 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
I understand and agree with your point about validity, it's the Biden big mouth "I know shit blabbering idiot" I have a problem with. Obviously there are some folks in the know and personal recollections be told, but op sec restrictions will always cast doubt about the true stories, and for good reason.

This thread was not meant to cast any aspersions on the troops but to mainly get the word out about Biden's inability to lead.
I detest politics and politicians and am no fan of Biden. However, you can scarcely blame Biden for what happened to Extortion 17. Personally, I would be loathe to give him the credit. Naval Special Warfare Development Group pretty much outed themselves as soon as they started writing books about their exploits, and the killing of UBL, as well as doing product endorsements and consulting for video games.

Extortion 17 hit me especially hard because on 6 August, 2011, I was with a couple of close friends when our phones starting ringing simultaneously. All of us knew most of the personnel who were aboard the Chinook that went down and we had seen them just before they deployed downrange. One of the assigned troop had come home for a family emergency and it was “D” who broke the news to us. For the next 48 hours, “D” reported back from the Command to tell us the bad news as the casualty count mounted. It was a terrible few months, and in some cases, worse for the survivors. “D” who wasn’t on the helo because of a family emergency had to attend every SEAL funeral of his shipmates, all the while suffering from survivor’s guilt of his own.

So whatever anyone says about Biden, leave his name out of this one.....
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nox For This Useful Post: