Old 10-05-2020, 9:15pm   #15
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 View Post
Thought I'd mention how many here have already " put everything on the line " due to the braggadocious nature of the above statement.

Maybe he didn't intend it to come off that way.
Of course I didn’t mean it that way. If you had any idea what I’ve done both professionally and personally supporting and working with the military, you would know that.

And the fact is if someone served previously, it doesn’t mean they don’t have a duty now. In fact we need them more than ever. I’m proud of what we are doing and of my responsibilities to my community despite the attempts of some here to denegrate that duty.

I’m part of a large civilian organization that often is called to service by the governor. We do search and rescue, work with FEMA doing disaster aid, etc. everyone is trained in combat medicine (TCCC) and certified as a FEMA first responder. We train in uniform and gear but we don’t show up in that fashion. Yet. We use military training but we understand we are not the military.

It is a large, statewide group with elected command structure, intelligence apparatus and significant logistics, communication and equipment including EMT helo.

People think all these groups are toothless rednecks. Believe what you may. Some are exactly that. But there are also very regulated groups, particularly in Texas with high standards, strict background checks (mine lasted three months) and rigorous training. About half of our membership is Special Operations.

We are all praying we don’t need to exercise our rights and we have no desire to do so. But we stay in a state of readiness. I’m only two years in so I’m still learning.

I’m not hiding it anymore. It’s time to step up. Even with my challenges, as long as I can contribute, I will.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: