View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 8:42pm   #1
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 1.8%

Thanked 9,004 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333
Default 10 hours of weapons training today

What a day! So great to see everyone in uniform and kitted up. We cracked out the .50 cal’s, ran team drills and did some insane conditioning involving shooting while dragging 50-60 lb sandbags. Holy crap I’m sore.

Handguns and rifles, live fire, smoke, shooting from mock vehicles, various cover positions, right hand, left hand, etc. about 20 guys and four ex mil trainers. One young guy in his early 20s dominated timed trials. Dude doesn’t miss. He owns one of the heavy guns.

Everyone goes by nicknames acquired under embarrassing situations. My unit is calling me Elvis, but command team is calling me Deuce. It’s from a radio transmission where I didn’t have a call sign and I called “Echo 51, this is Douche 99...”

One of the trainers took me aside with the commander and XO and said “I think we have a name for him!” And he told the story. I said I wouldn’t answer to it so now it’s Deuce. I have a feeling it will be mispronounced.

One guy forgot to bring gun oil and now they are calling him Lube. Another guy was christened Sandwich.

Don’t mess with Texas.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: