Old 09-14-2020, 10:12pm   #71
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 9,000 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Pete, my first surgery was 40 years ago. My latest was July 28. I have 12 surgery scars on my belly. I’m missing three different sections of my small bowel, part of my large bowel and part of my bladder. I don’t know why yours can’t be removed. I will just say that after living with this for over 40 years I’m thoroughly convinced that your mental outlook and attitude has a huge impact on this particular disease. Fight it and win. It can be done.
Holy shit. Sorry to hear. My understanding is that my damage is in my terminal ilium close to the valve. Apparently most of my small bowel is scarred. I have had six inches removed. But the worst area can’t be cut out.

My mental outlook is definitely not good. I can’t imagine going through what you have. How old were you when diagnosed? I’d say my biggest issue (besides the pain lately) is fatigue. It has gotten much worse since I returned from Nicaragua. To the point of disability.

Now, this flare has lasted so long. I’m pretty tough since pain is really just part of the deal. But I think the constant, relentless nature of this six month flare is jacking with my brain chemistry. Somehow I need to find the energy to spin up the business.

I have some oddball but interesting opportunities. I’m going to take this coming week and just wind down while I recover. I am hoping this surgery will stop the pain. (After causing a shit load of pain!)

Then, I’m hoping this is the end of the surgeries for a while. I need to work my ass off.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: