Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
NC DOT cut projects from 2.7 billion to 675 million for next year due to loss of gas tax, estimated 250 million less by June. Pray we don't get a hurricane the next couple of years as won't be a dime to fix infrastructure. I'm waiting for the loss in sales and income tax by local municipalities to come up, the local city is in hock up to their eyeballs already. The incentives being paid out are not taxable. People will be paying bills
I got out today because I had a few errands, including getting my state inspection for my car but it turns out I don't need it this time. New law apparently I forgot about. Anyway by any measure our state/city "lock-down" isn't anything of the sort. Lots of people and vehicles out and about, stores seem quite busy, and the are back to working on my main access road, widening it to 5 lanes apparently, was just two lanes with ditches on each side. I'm sure our city is missing some revenue in sales tax, but at least we haven't totally shit all over our economy.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote