Old 04-05-2020, 7:51am   #235
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 53.2%

Thanked 23,924 Times in 9,934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
From all the medical boards I am on as well as the incident command meetings we are having. what I am hearing is massive frustration that our organizations we work for were not prepared.

We constantly have JCACO accreditation/regulations compliance shoved down our throats, and NOW we are told to reuse gloves and masks, or use what you have (like a fuggin DIY fabric mask or come up with a DIY ventilator without a proper respiratory team??

Would be like sending a cop into a SWAT scenario with a 9mm and one cliip, or a mechanic to work on a semi with basic tools, or a plumber to fix a broken city main line with a shovel and small wrench.

Yes, "we" in the medical field knew we will be exposed to infectious diseases, work long hours and deal with exhaustion, but to do it without the tools we need to help patient OR protect ourselves is not acceptable. Clearly no nation was prepared for this, but the USA, not being a 3rd world country, should have done better.

So yes, would be like doing plu

I wonder if the lack of supplies comes from the on demand instead of stockpiles the country switched to decades ago, auto plants lead the way due to taxes. If you don't have it not taxed on it. I've seen auto plants shut down over a couple dozen window switches as thdy literally kept enough on hand for 1 day max.
Wonder if medical facilities pay taxes(and distributors etc) pay taxes on such items and why they don't keep a stockpile? Just a thought if they are perhaps that needs to be changed legally. Maybe ventilators aren't kept in large numbers of raises your taxes? I don't know just wondering.
As with all the veterans needing assistance post 9/11 funding has changed as well as facilities built, perhaps the same will happen after this... Unfortunately the lag time will not help with this incident.
Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote