Old 04-05-2020, 7:42am   #231
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 20.9%

Thanked 14,223 Times in 4,350 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
So it seems the media has switched to nurses blathering on tv(and some Dr's) about how bad it is, they didn't sign up for this amount of sickness and work. Well yes you did... If you didn't think it through beforehand that's on you. A plumber knows exactly what he's in for, an electrical lineman knows he's working in high winds with death always a possibility. A cop knows he can be hurt.
While I feel for nurses and doctors being inundated with an illness with no clear treatment plant, I don't expect them to blather about it either. Perhaps people are getting overly used to non stress at any time jobs and when it comes along they can't handle it(or not prepared) for it mentally.
Could be it's my mentality of non panic in an emergency situation, always time for worrying later.
Panic does nothing but harm in time of crisis. Be prepared and take whatever action you can.

From all the medical boards I am on as well as the incident command meetings we are having. what I am hearing is massive frustration that our organizations we work for were not prepared.

We constantly have JCACO accreditation/regulations compliance shoved down our throats, and NOW we are told to reuse gloves and masks, or use what you have (like a fuggin DIY fabric mask or come up with a DIY ventilator without a proper respiratory team??

Would be like sending a cop into a SWAT scenario with a 9mm and one cliip, or a mechanic to work on a semi with basic tools, or a plumber to fix a broken city main line with a shovel and small wrench.

Yes, "we" in the medical field knew we will be exposed to infectious diseases, work long hours and deal with exhaustion, but to do it without the tools we need to help patient OR protect ourselves is not acceptable. Clearly no nation was prepared for this, but the USA, not being a 3rd world country, should have done better.

So yes, would be like doing plu
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: