10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,423 Times in 17,231 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoog View Post
1) If they show up at a port of entry and ask for asylum, just what law is it that they are breaking?

They showed up at the Guatemalan port of entry and did not ask for asylum. They broke Guatemalan law by entering without permisson. They also destroyed fencing and equipment on their way in, and on their way OUT of Guatemala. More crimes. Then they attacked Mexican federales in their attempt to get into Mexico. More crimes. They did not ask Mexico for asylum. The federales held them at the bridge, but could not or would not stop them from wading across the river into Mexico, thereby violating Mexican immigration law, in addition to the bridge attack on the federales. More crimes. Then the federales tried a couple of times to stop them as they took over a major highway going north, which the horde repelled by using their kids as human shields. More crimes, including child abuse.....ongoing child abuse that occurred in Guatemala, too.

And now this merry band of confirmed criminals wants to apply in the US for asylum. Shit, I want to apply for asylum so they aren't anywhere near me. We don't need more criminals here, got plenty already.

2) They come from a shithole with a murder rate exponentially greater than the worst places in the US. Wouldn't take too much to get me to come along if I thought my family could actually live without the fear of being robbed or shot for looking at someone the wrong way.

I agree, but what leads you to believe some of them are NOT murderers and criminals looking for a better place to commit crimes? Did you watch them attack the border guards and tear down the gates? Those are military age men who aren't afraid to be violent when it suits them.

3) This has happened several times that I can remember over the last few years. There was a caravan last year. Remember the "caravan of kids" during the Obama years? That happened more than one year as well...back around 2014, 2015?

They're coming, we know they're coming, and the .gov should (and probably do) have a plan on how to handle them when they get here. A plan that doesn't include strafing them with A-10s for fuks sake.
Why does this keep happening?

A: Because each time, they are successful. Hell, the last group made it, I can too. Want to stop this from happening? Don't let them in. And in the end, if tear gas, LRAD's, rubber bullets, etc. don't stop them, then it's gut check time. We have a right to keep them out. If it comes to it, and non lethal means aren't stopping them.....

I'm not advocating for violence against this group, and I hope a resolution can be made peacefully, that the folks that absolutely do not want to go back can apply to be refugees, housed in UN camps in southern Mexico, and the rest can be sent back. That's been offered to the group repeatedly and they have turned it down.

Bill is online now   Reply With Quote