View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 4:43pm   #19
88Z51
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
The NHRA rules say that if you run quicker than a 11.50 then you need a roll bar. Does this apply to all tracks and events such as test and tune or private track rentals?

Do you need a jacket if you run nitrous?

To have your car tech inspected do you have to go to a special licensed mechanic or what?

I have more questions but these are good for starters.
Thanks.
Any licensed and sanctioned NHRA track will require you to adhere to the current NHRA rules in order for you to run your car. That said, I've heard they are a bit more lenient on the street legal/test & tune kind of events vs actual race events at some tracks around here. Not sure why this would be as the track could lose their sanctioning and/or insurance if there was an serious injury accident resulting from an non compliant car. For your own safety as well as for the driver in the other lane, I would highly encourage you to follow all the NHRA rules that apply to your vehicle.

A roll bar is required for hardtops (including T-Tops) running 11.49 or quicker and 13.49 for convertibles.

If you are going to run nitrous and are going to run between 10.00 to 13.99
and have the OEM or .024-inch steel firewall, you will need a jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/1. Be aware there are a bunch of rules and specs that apply to nitrous bottles, placement, mounting, etc......

As for tech, as others have mentioned, this will be done at the track by a track official.
88Z51 is offline   Reply With Quote