View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 4:37pm   #44
NoOne
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 14.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Just put you on Statins??? no stents or bypass? Thats nutz....
If the heart attack doesn't kill you, the body will grow new arteries around the blockage. He said that already had happened so they just ignore the blockage.

The problem is you usually die before that happens. It is a bit rare, but it does happen.

I'm at 35 percent in most of my arteries, had a 99 which caused a very minor heart attack 4 years ago. It runs in the family but so does recovery.

My Dad had 8 heart attacks, including a quadruple bypass in 1976 at 42, 2 months later he was shoveling snow, back then it was a 6 month recovery. It was funny because he had his so young the newer docs didn't know he had a bypass because even the scars healed. Had another in 1984, just as bad as the first but then they had stents. Fully recovered with 100 percent function from both. Lived to 92 and didn't die from heart issues.

My brother had a heart attack while he was at his 2nd home up north. He waited 2 days to drive back to the hospital, 2 stents put in, 100 percent recovery, not just medically but heart function, no damage.

They did a study on my family because of it, there was no measurable loss of function regardless of the severity or the frequency. Mine was minor enough and in a place to not cause damage, doc told me I could have lived with it except for the pain.

New treatments will be coming. There are a few on the horizon that 'eat' away the plaque. I am sure you will see it as boutique treatments with 5 years or so.

Right after I had mine I talked to the head of Vaso RX, vasorx.com.

AI is going to accelerate all this, as is a commoditization of health care. If you've got the cash there are a lot of things you can get done in Israel right now including stem cell diabetes treatments.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote