G8rDMD
Denture Queen
Barn Stall Owner #29
Activity: 7.0%

Thanked 1,801 Times in 956 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1022278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Oil is the fuel of the past. I simply can not for the life of me understand why all of you are so quick to piss away a finite natural resource. Do you not know all of the products that are made from oil? When the world runs out - and is sure as shit someday will - those left on the planet are going to be royally fecked if we haven't come up with a suitable alternative.

Bye bye medicine. Bye bye fertilizers. Bye bye plastic.

The world absolutely must find alternatives. Be that more nuclear power plants powering electric cars, natural gas powered vehicles, etc, it has to be done. Republicans are satisfied to sit on the sidelines with their thumbs up their collective asses while foreign companies develop this technology. Primarily because the energy companies basically bank roll the party. If we don't act soon, competing nations will pass us by and with more advanced products and lower manufacturing cost.

Getting off oil is a national security issue. Iran and the rest of the middle east wouldn't have half the pot to piss in if the rest of the world wasn't so addicted to oil. Every time you put gas in your car some of that money ends up back with countries that hate us.

Get a damn clue. Build a 21st century power grid and develop the technologies that get this nation off of its oil addiction. Sometimes I think people hate our president so much they are willing to cut off their nose just to spite their face.
I agree oil is finite and not a viable fuel source for the future. The US and Canada have enough oil to sustain North America for at least a century, I'd imagine. So why not use those sources and decrease reliance on foreign oil? You can't just SAY that oil is the energy of the past and ignore present economic crunches as gas sores. Get a fcuking clue and drill in the fcuking Gulf. Refine our own damn oil while giving car companies and energy companies and any individual who wants, huge incentives to develop alternatives. NOW is not the time to mandate this shit. NOW is the time to rescue the fcucking economy--and lowering fuel and, as a by product, food prices is a great way to jump start the failing heartbeat of the American nation. NOW is not the damn time to protect the spotted woodsy turtle dove woodpecker by banning drilling. But then again, I guess we can just let the economy tank, America will disappear and nature can have its land back.

Of course oil is the fuel of the past. But it's also the fuel of the present and near future. Obama just wants to say that so in 75 years the history books make him look smart when we're flying around all Jetson-like in electric hover cars
G8rDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G8rDMD For This Useful Post: