View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 12:56pm   #17
Stevedore
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 1.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $406058

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
you will also find pieces of 1/2 rebar used as survey markers, often capped with a plastic cap with the surveyor's name (so others will know who placed it). several corners of our lot are marked with these, we have about 10 points that mark our boundary with other lots. sometimes they will also drive a wooden stake near it so it's easy to locate later, and one of ours has a T-post (metal fence post) driven near it so you know it's there.

on the survey, these will be noted as either "IPS" - iron pipe set (placed by the surveyor), or IPF - iron pipe found, obviously set in place by a previous surveyor.

We have those yellow caps at 3 corners of our (trapezoidal) property. I suspect that the 4th one is buried a bit. When we had the property flagged for utility locations prior to some digging last Spring, one of the guys was nice enough to wave his locator around the area where I think it is & said there was definitely something there. If I get ambitious someday, I'll dig down a little & see if I find a corner marker. It's the only one of the 4 corners that's in grass & gets mowed, so I wonder if a previous owner may have pounded it down below the surface.
Stevedore is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stevedore For This Useful Post: