View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 7:42pm   #1
Brett K
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2004620
Default I love dogs, i really do....but

Dogsitting other peoples dogs can be exhausting and frustrating. Let me preface this story by stating that I am sick. I have been running around doing errands all day in addition to doing some tile work with a fever and a chest full of cement. We are dog sitting my brother-in-law's grey hound. He is a sweet and affectionate couch potato that my daughters love to walk and cuddle with. There is one golden rule with greyhounds is never let them off the leash. They will be gone! The other rule is don't bother trying to teach them anything. My BIL kind if gave up on him after 2 years and he barely knows his name.

I came home today feeling like death. I open up the door with 2 kids and bags of groceries. He is usually on the couch drooling. Not today though. He bum rushed me and exited the doorway midstride at 40mph. He then continued to run laps around the neighborhood as if chasing an imaginary rabbit while me and the kids gave chase. I thought i had him once and ended up eating grass. The kids were crying. I was cursing. My daughter ended up finally catching him when he stopped to pee on my truck tires. I think i am having a heart attack. Now my daughter is upset because she overheard my say many not-so nice things about her belived Rocky. Ugh!
Brett K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brett K For This Useful Post: