View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 3:20pm   #28
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
Someone has a plan. Somewhere. this stuff should never have been approved if there were not plans. From your link above it appears no one actually ever read the plan to see. Once upon a time I did proposals for the closing of hazardous waste sites (SuperFund). We'd submit proposals and plans that were checked and rechecked by the EPA, engineers and the lawyers for the property owners because nobody wanted the potential liability if we didn't get it right. I cannot believe this was allowed, in a post Exxon Valdez world. It's like not enough lifeboats on the Titanic.
I can't believe it either, but how is it the new administration's fault? Bush handed this clusterf**k off to us & now he & Cheney's screw ups are biting us in the ass. if "someone somewhere" has a plan, where is it??

Scope. And precedence.
This administration jumps right in to attack an economic problem that is going to affect Big Labor and spends billions to stop it with inventive, never before tried schemes, programs and take-overs. An environmental disaster gets a scolding and handwringing.

incorrect. this administration "jumped in" to try to thwart the biggest Depression the World Has Ever Known"....so far [knock on wood] it's working.

Exactly, you can't have it both ways. You can't say you're against Big Oil and take their money. Which is it?

You can't say you're an environmentalist and then sit on your thumbs when a disaster happens. Which is it?

He's letting people that should know what they are doing handle it? But, has no problem putting the president of a phone company in charge of the world's largest automobile manufacturer? Which is it?
if you will research a little you will find that the Republican Party received more $$ from Big Oil than Obama & the Dems ever did. [imagine that] GM is turning a profit for the first time in years & is paying us back for the loan. I'd say the choice of an ATT exec [hate to admit it] was a a pretty good one.