View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 7:20am   #25
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
No, the point I'm making (obviously not well) is that a government that can take over the largest company on the planet and put people on the moon should have no hesitation in doing whatever is necessary to protect the environment and livelihood of the Gulf Coast.

I don't see the Navy or Woods Hole Oceanographic - people who routinely work at those depths on the scene. Hell, call Clive Cussler and get NUMA down there. The lack of action by the government almost criminal.

We have a 700 ship navy and yet they are hoping a bunch of cajuns from the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company throwing haybales in the ocean are going to protect thousands of miles of wetlands.

It's damned easy to say we want to be green, but when the rubber meets the road I'm not seeing much more than finger pointing.

Shell Oil's former President was on NBC saying that after a big spill in the 90's in the Arabian gulf, a number of Supertankers circled the spill and pumped the oil and water into their holds, then took it to a separation facility and returned the seawater to the ocean after the oil was removed. Where is that kind of thinking?
I guess you don't realize that no one [including BP] had a plan if a blowout happened at this depth. I don't see where accusing the government of taking over the auto industry is really relevant in this conversation. I really don't understand people that whine & cry about Obama being against Big Oil/Coal & a tree hugger,then when he tries to let the people that should know what the feck they are doing clean up the mess they caused he's suddenly under scrutiny because BP contributed to his campaign & now they are saying he's in bed with Big Oil. WTF? you can't have it both ways. which is it?