View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 6:08pm   #58
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 14,748 Times in 5,008 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473

Sandy, you've done a great service to the gaijins on the forum. I've been eating this for years, decades actually, and have yet to meet someone who doesn't like it. Even my picky ass step father in-law likes it and that's saying something. He has to eat it with egg noodles though because he thinks of rice as maggots.

A couple of comments: add button mushrooms cut in half or quarters. It ain't complete without mushrooms IMO. Use Yukon gold potatoes instead of russet. They keep their firmness and don't fall apart when boiled. Also rinsing the rice washes away starch, which is a good thing and I learned that from my mom too, but the Kokuho Rose that I buy says not to rinse because you lose nutrients (there's nutrients in white rice?). So I'm not sure on this one. If I make sushi rice, it definitely gets washed.

I've only ever done S&B. Forever. I'll have to look for that other brand. They sell S&B at our local chain market too so i don't have to make a special trip to an Asian market.

Anyway, awesome post! Never tried Indian curry, but I'm going to Denver in a few weeks and will eat at this joint I saw on diners, dives and drive-ins.

Biju's Little Curry Shop

But I thought everyone knew how to make curry.
Little Red L98. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Red L98. For This Useful Post: