View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 7:14pm   #30
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 23,941 Times in 9,941 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Don't do Boost man... Since Dish owns them now they suck big time, slow speeds, 32gb max on any plan then 2g. I was on Virgin Mobile and had unlimited HS data(i used 100gb a month easy) and was super fast. Earlier this year after Boost/Virgin taken over they slowed speeds down to a crawl and we were put on 2nd tier(they use sprint towers) so Sprint customers got high speed and we got dick(was the same all over and happened at the same time). We thought it was kung flu and huge amounts of people on network, seems we were wrong.
In July i believe they switched everyone to 32 max period then 2g. Speeds increased back to where they used to be or thereabouts. I use 32 gb in about 10 days unless careful (like don't watch movies online) as we use cell for tethering. The plan was 60 a month and was a great deal until the takeover.
You're better off going TMobile as far as data plans and costs as far as I could tell but really depends on overage where you live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
I’m digging BoostMobile but huge BLM statement on web site and it looks like I have to purchase the phones outright. I’d have to drop about $1,500-$2000 up front. My son will need a phone too. I don’t want to see him spending $500 on a phone.
Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote