View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 9:34am   #1
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 26.3%

Thanked 7,765 Times in 3,455 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494
Default Boston bombers... would you shoot?

I saw this on the other forum and couldn't help but ask the question.

This was the view that 1 resident had of the shootout with the Boston bomber assholes.

Quote:

Police... ~80 yards away

They were apparently getting ammo and bombs out of the Honda. By his own words "Here it's clear to see the brothers taking aim and firing on the officers."

Clearly he knew the situation, knew who these guys were from all of the news reports, could see that the police were being shot at, and had a perfect elevated covered position.

So, here is the question. If this was you, you were armed, you knew that the terrorists were right in front of your house and that the police were not at a tactical advantage, would you shoot?

It might be Uncle Sam's training coming out, but personally, I would not hesitate. M4, 75gr Hornady TAP FPD rounds, given the situation that obviously alive to question is better than dead, shoot them in the legs and take them down (not at all a hard shot from that range). IMMEDIATELY call 911, tell who I was and tell that I am a friendly. When questioned, the answer is very simple. "I feared for my life and aimed center of mass."

What sayeth VBOT.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post: