Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 13,578 Times in 6,538 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Red L98. View Post
Drives me crazy but in a different way than your original intent.

Himalayan pink salt from a mine tastes better than regular old table salt made in a lab or wherever they make it. We use it almost exclusively in cooking and on the table. JMHO YMMV STFU GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Table salt is sodium chloride (mostly) and the vast majority of it is mined from deep underground salt mines. Himalayan pink salt is just sodium chloride with a lot of impurities, various minerals and mineral salts. Sea salt has a good percentage of potassium chloride and iodine along with sodium chloride and various minerals and mineral salts. Table salt often has iodine added. Kosher salt is simply sodium chloride with no added anything.

Also most table salt is processed to remove impurities prior to being made into granules of a very specific size. Obviously any salt that has a color other than white has other stuff in it, which does affect the taste and may even be beneficial. I particularly like the flake salt that is made by the evaporation of sea water in a few areas in France. It's sorta gray in color and is great when used to enhance the flavor of both savory and sweet things. It's even good on ice cream believe it or not.
Good info.
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote